Grease Monkey weed strain is a potent Sativa dominant hybrid that provides consumers with an energetic and cerebral high. This article will help you understand the origin of this marijuana strain, where it can be purchased in stores, and what to expect from your experience when consuming the Grease Monkey weed strain.
Grease Monkey Weed Strain Description
The Grease Monkey weed strain is a cross between the original Sour Diesel and Blueberry strains. This strain is a Sativa dominant hybrid, with about 95% of its genetics being composed of Sativa. As a result, consumers may experience some mild psychedelic effects after consuming this green bud.
Scent and Flavor
The scent of the Grease Monkey weed strain is similar to guava fruit, making it an ideal choice for consumers looking for a sweet strain.
The taste of this strain is also very sweet, with notes of strawberry, pineapple, and honey being the most prominent on the palate.
Grease Monkey weed plants are dark green with hints of purple throughout the plant. The leaves are covered with light orange hairs and white pistils, which contribute to its unique look.
Most consumers will find that this strain has quite a few popcorn-shaped buds that are very dense but not too moist or sticky.
Read more: Lemon Thai Strain Review
Grease Monkey Weed Strain Effects on users
Grease Monkey weed strain provides users with an immediate cerebral high that leaves them feeling uplifted yet energetic for their day. This marijuana variety does not provide much in the way of bodily effects, but you will find yourself more talkative while under its influence.
The average THC content of the Grease Monkey weed strain is between 16% – 19%, which is considered very high for a Sativa dominant hybrid.
The high will begin behind your eyes and will move down your neck in about 5 minutes. You will feel an increase in energy which is why this strain is considered one of the best for daytime use.
Grease Monkey weed strain has an average duration of about 2 – 3 hours, depending on your tolerance. New users might experience shorter durations, whereas heavy smokers can expect a longer-lasting effect from this potent strain.
Read more: Snow Lotus Strain Review
Potential Medical Benefits
This strain may have high levels of THC, but it is also very effective in treating several medical conditions, including the following:
- Headaches- Grease Monkey weed strain relieves many types of headaches, including migraines.
- Stress- This strain provides you with a calming effect that can help to lower stress levels when they are out of control.
- Depression- Grease Monkey weed strain helps elevate your mood and alleviate feelings of sadness or hopelessness.
- ADD/ADHD- The uplifting and energetic properties of this marijuana strain makes it perfect for those who deal with ADD/ADHD or other cognitive conditions.
- Fatigue- The infusion of energy and focus that you will feel when consuming Grease Monkey weed strain can help to energize your entire body and improve cognitive function.
Read more: Super Sour Diesel Review
While this strain is great for many medical conditions, it can also lead to the following negative side effects:
- Dry Mouth – This is the most common side effect of Grease Monkey weed strain and can be treated by drinking plenty of water.
- Dry Eyes – Ensure that you have extra soft contacts or eye drops available if you are planning on consuming this strain to avoid dry or irritated eyes.
- Paranoia – This is an uncommon side effect, but some users will experience feelings of paranoia after consumption which can lead to anxiety and feelings of fear.
- Hunger – Because the effects of Grease Monkey weed strain are so energizing, it can also cause your appetite to increase, which can dampen any dieting efforts that you might be making.
- Anxiety – While not everyone will experience this, some users may feel more anxious than usual when taking the Grease Monkey weed strain due to its ability to increase energy levels quickly.
- Dizziness – If you already suffer from a pre-existing condition that can cause dizzy spells or vertigo, this strain may worsen these symptoms.
How to consume?
Grease Monkey weed strain can be consumed in a number of ways, including:
By Smoking – This is by far the most popular way to enjoy this marijuana variety. Just be careful not to over-consume because you will get very high and possibly suffer from paranoia.
By Vaporizing – Vaping allows you to get all of the benefits of Grease Monkey weed strain without the negative side effects of smoking, such as bad breath or smoky smelling clothes.
By Edibles – Remember that edibles take much longer to take effect, so it may be easier for beginners just starting with marijuana consumption. Around an hour or two after eating, you should feel its full effects and will likely remain medicated for several hours afterward.
Growing Grease Monkey Weed Strain
Grease Monkey weed strain can be grown both indoors and outdoors. This marijuana variety is known for its short flowering time of only 7 – 9 weeks, which means that you will have it ready to harvest much sooner than other strains. With the right conditions, this strain generally has a large yield that ranges anywhere from 400g/m² to 600g/m².
Read more: Jet Fuel Strain Review
How To Grow?
This marijuana variety takes well to either hydroponics or soil growing methods making it suitable for all levels of growers. To ensure maximum THC content, wait until your plants are mature before harvesting them to produce the highest quality possible, which also helps to increase yields.
Indoor Growing- If you are looking for optimum control over your growing conditions, indoor growing is the way to go. You can expect beautiful and large Grease Monkey weed strain buds with proper care inside of your grow room.
Outdoor Growing- If you struggle with controlling temperature or humidity levels, outdoor growing might be a better option. The great thing about the Grease Monkey weed strain is that it flourishes just about anywhere because it has very adaptable genetics overall, which means that you may get even better yields than expected if your outdoor conditions are ideal.
Problems And Diseases
To make sure that your Grease Monkey weed strain grows as well as possible, always lookout for these signs of problems or diseases:
Root Rot: This occurs when roots do not receive enough oxygen, slowing down growth and eventually killing the plant. To prevent this from happening, allow your soil to dry out between waterings and avoid overwatering, leading to root rot.
Leaf Problems: Mites, aphids, thrips, and whiteflies are just some of the most common problems that you may find on your Grease Monkey weed strain leaves if they start to appear. These insects usually won’t harm your plants, but their bites can lead to secondary infections or overwatering, so it’s best to eliminate these problems before they escalate.
Mold: This occurs when there are too high humidity levels in the grow room, which leads to root rot, and bud mold can lead to eating away at your buds. Ensure that you always provide adequate ventilation, especially in tight spaces, and remove any dead leaves before they become breeding grounds for mold.
Bottom Line: Is Grease Monkey Weed Strain For You?
If you are looking for a strain that is easy to grow and has plenty of medicinal benefits, then the Grease Monkey weed strain could be the marijuana variety you have been searching for. Of all the different types of marijuana, the Grease Monkey weed strain is especially helpful in fighting stress and anxiety, relieving pain, and overall stimulating your appetite. Have you tried smoking this amazing strain? Let us know in the comment.